QuickBooks Accounting software has been designed to help users in the management of payrolls, sales and various other needs of small and medium-sized business organizations. The accounting software has multiple tools to give the user the ultimate comfort in handling data of accounts. The accounting software also comes with QuickBooks Support for giving technical help to the users with any sort of glitches occurring while working on it. This blog is to help you with resolving Error Code 6147 of QuickBooks. The error code 6147 usually occurs when a user tries to open a QuickBooks file which is either damaged or improperly located on QuickBooks.
Causes of Error Code 6147
- The file is corrupted.
- Restoring backup using the network drive.
- The name of the backup file is exceeding the limit.
- Partial installation of QuickBooks.
- Presence of virus or malware.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147 By The Following Steps
Method-1: Change The Location Of Backup File
- Be certain that the system is not on any host.
- Go to the File menu of QuickBooks.
- Select utilities.
- Select Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Select yes on the appeared option.
- Select the close option of the Company file.
- Click on yes on the appeared menu.
- Restore the saved backup file on the system.
Method-2: Check Anti-Virus Security
- Go to the antivirus.
- Select the option of ignoring Path.
- Ignore the file folder of the company.
- Find the file location by pressing the Ctrl key while opening QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks will open up with no file of the company.
- Press the F2 key from the keyboard.
- Now the product details will open up where you can find the location of the company file.
Method-3: Try Running Rebuild Utility
- Go to the File menu of the QuickBooks.
- Select Utilities.
- A prompt will appear asking to back up your company file.
- A prompt will appear displaying QuickBooks is not responding.
- Select ok.
The error code 6147 will get resolve by following any of the above methods. The user can also connect with QuickBooks Desktop Support if the issue is not resolved.
Roy Rim is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about QuickBooks Products and Services. He writes about the latest updates regarding Quickbooks Support, Quickbooks Enterprise Support how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.